Monday, October 19, 2009

the hungry year

i used to live in this kinda house in albany



Now i live in this house



dear diary

it has been a long time since I wrote last but we have left my home town Albany now we are in our wagon on the shore line of lake Ontario.our wagon is not the best not so safe for my two twin brothers.one night my dad was at the cabin of the Shaw's he made me look after my twin brothers all night in the wagon when my brothers and i were sleeping i herd something in the front of the wagon and i woke up i looked through the canvas and there it was alot of black fur. Is it a bear, or maybe it is a raccoon because the bear would not be able to fit in the small space whatever it was it was gone. I tried to go to bed again then there it was again but different it meow!. It sounded like a cat it sounded hungry so i got up and went outside.
I ran into the forest trying to find it then it stopped, I wanted to turn around and go back to the wagon but then there it was again but farther away meow!!, so i ran in farther calling out kitty kitty. I could not find it I tried to find my way back to the wagon but I was lost, all of the ways looked the same I ran and ran then I stopped to listen there was a clapping sound I tried to fallow the sound I fallowed and fallowed then I found were it was coming from. Hello I said thank you, you saved me my name is Kate.. Hello my name is Sarah and I didn't mean to save you I thought you were a bear she said. then I saw the cat up in the tree I called it kitty kitty, then Sarah said that is bobcat, he is your cat I said, yes it is. Now I am friends with Sarah it was really hard to leave her when i go but i had to sure she will come and see me when the come take my horse. I live with my dad and my twin brothers in the wagon, I eat bread and butter and sometimes potato's ,I wear petticoats . I used to live in a big farm house in Albany and now i have to live in a little cabin near hay bay. my life is going well my dad finished the little cabin and little food but i know we can survive. I will write more when I have some time.




images from black creek pioneer village

No comments:

Post a Comment